Wednesday 16 February 2011

Tumour Diary, Day 9 - Wed 16th Feb 2011

8:55am Morning. Breakfast at home is nice. For those of you more pharmacologically-minded, here is what I've been enjoying with my cereal:
• Dexamethazone 4 Mg - steroid to reduce brain swelling
• Metoclopramide 10mg - for hiccups
• Omeprazole 20mg - for heartburn caused by the steroids
12:40pm Enjoying preparing lunch. Pasta is on the boil. Tortiglioni with an Arrabiatta sauce. Yum
1:45pm More pills. Nice call from Rosie. Off to get hair cut. I figure that if they're going to shave the back of my neck tomorrow then I might as well have the rest of it nice and short for when it all grows back.
3:20pm Great haircut at Henry & Son as always. Deniz is always good for a chat
5pm Many thanks to neighbour Carol for ferrying me about. Also for looking after my plants while I'm "inside". They're in for a treat - not used to such TLC ;-)
6pm Very nice but slightly manic tea at Katharine & Daniel's. Guess that's normal when you have 4 kids...
8pm Great to be able to go and visit someone else in hospital. Popped in to see Rachel, Nick and their new little boy. Sweet
8:45pm Arrive back on the ward at King's to find someone in my room and the nursing staff with no clue about my arrival.
"We thought you'd gone home"
"I'm here to have surgery"
"Oh really? What was your name again?"
Waiting in the day room while they scratch around. Don't worry guys, surgery's not until the morning...
10pm They find me a bed in a room with 3 others. Not a lot of sleep tonight then
10:45pm Gentleman in bed next to mine has Yoda announcing loudly every time he gets a text message. Bet the other inmates love him. If he doesn't find silent mode on his 'phone soon I might have to help him by stamping on it.
Final confirmation of surgery list doesn't come through until 4am so I won't know for definite until I wake. Should be fine, ready as I'll ever be now. No more delays please

No comments:

Post a Comment